Setting up telyHD
Before you get started
You need the following two things to make a video call using telyHD:
Fast internet/broadband service. The faster your internet connection, the better the video quality. Not sure how fast your connection is?
Use the Tely Internet Speed Test
TV with an HDMI port. You’ll need an open HDMI port on either your TV or your AV receiver.
• Position your telyHD on top of your HDTV, and plug it in
to your TV, and home network.
• The unit will automatically start when you plug in the
• Next use your TV remote to change the source/input
button on your TV.
tely tip: You can plug telyHD directly into your HDTV, or in a home AV receiver, if you have one.
tely tip: The is the same process you use to switch between TV and another source such as a DVD player or game console.
• Next telyHD will walk you through the set up wizard to
adjust the picture size, verify your internet connection,
and set the time.
• Then Sign in to Skype.
tely tip: If you prefer to use Wi-Fi instead of an Ethernet cable, you’ll be able to add telyHD to your network in this step.
tely tip: Don’t have a Skype account? Click “sign up” to create one.
• You are ready to make your first video call!
tely tip: Choose from any of your existing Skype contacts or invite new ones.